Mi Piace Questo Cibo
These delicious calzones are just like a folded over pizza. You have the delicious crust all the way around, and in the center is the delectable cheese, sauce, and other fillings of your choice. These delicious calzones can be a meat lovers dream, or a vegetarian's delight.
- Batch of calzone dough
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 20 to 28 slices pepperoni
- Heat the oven to 425°.
- Mix all filling ingredients except pepperoni in a medium bowl.
- When the dough is ready, punch it down and form into 4 equal balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat each ball into a 6- to 6 1/2-inch-diameter circle.
- Place one fourth of the filling (about 1/2 cup) on half of each dough circle, keeping a 1-inch border free. Place 5 to 7 slices of pepperoni in each calzone.
- Dampen the dough edges with water. Fold the dough semicircle over the filling and seal the edges by pinching them together. Place the completed calzones on an ungreased baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Love my Pampered Chef Baking Stone
This one looked like a blue whale but tasted great
My best pepperoni calzone...