Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes

Pin ItI have a lot of potatoes because my mom and brother planted a garden full this year. I have been experimenting with potato recipes of all kinds. I have found some dandies, but none better than my mom's Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes. I am preparing these today for Thanksgiving so thought I would share the recipe with you like they shared some of their 400 lb (!) potato harvest with me.



Love my Pampered Chef peeler!


Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes

5 lb. potatoes
1 C sour cream
2-3 T finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp pepper
3 oz cream cheese
2 T butter
1 tsp salt
milk

Peel and cut potatoes in pieces. Cook in boiling salted water till tender; drain. Mash until smooth, the add rest of ingredients. Add enough milk to make the potatoes soft and creamy.

Place in greased casserole and dot with butter. May be refrigerated for up to one week. Bake at 350° until hot and slightly browned. Great to feed the family at holiday dinners.



Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment