Best Sugar Cookie Recipe

Pin ItThank you to Amee Lachelle for our winning cookie entry. I made these wonderful little cookies and my kitchen smells divine. Sam came home from school and pronounced them "delicious!" I think you will think so, too.

Grandma Dodge's Sugar Cookies
2 eggs
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
5 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


Cream butter and sugar and blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream. Bake at 325 until light brown around the edges. (About 14 minutes for drop cookies. Less for cutout cookies.) To make pretty Christmas cutout cookies, chill the dough overnight before rolling and cutting.

I baked 3 dozen cookies. I made drop cookies and frosted them with butter cream frosting. It is simple to make and tastes so much better than the stuff in the cans at the grocery store. I sprinkled some cute Christmas sprinkles on top while the frosting was still wet. 

I wrapped the remaining cookie dough in plastic wrap and put it in a freezer bag in the freezer. I'll thaw and roll it out later next week when there are lovely people here and we'll have some fun decorating cookie wreaths and reindeer and Christmas trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment