A Royal Treat

Pin ItI am an authority on most things British because I watched Diana and Charles fairy tale (ha!)wedding those many years ago, I am a devoted fan of the movie The Parent Trap , I love to speak with a British accent and have listened to many Beatles songs during my lifetime. I am of British descent, in fact from Wales which qualifies me as a front row guest (via streaming video) at William and Catherine's nuptials , and of course a definitive judge of a brilliant trifle, the quintessential pudding that has graced British tables for centuries.


William & Kate, In your honor I present ...






Lemon Berry Trifle



Ingredients:

 
½ cup seedless raspberry jam

2 cups heavy cream, chilled

1½ cups (about 14 ounces) prepared lemon curd

1 angel food cake sliced

3 half-pints fresh raspberries

Sliced almonds for garnish

 
Directions:



1.In a small microwaveable bowl, stir together the jam and 1/4 cup water and microwave for 1 minute at full power. Stir until slightly cool.


2.Using an electric mixer, beat the cream at medium-high speed until stiff. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the lemon curd until incorporated.





3.. Lay cake slices in an even layer in the bottom of a 10-cup trifle bowl (or other straight-sided, clear glass bowl). Drizzle 1/4 cup of the melted jam mixture onto the cake. Spoon one-third of the lemon cream on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle a half-pint of berries on top. Repeat the layering twice, mounding the last batch of berries in the center of the trifle.



One must really use Dickinson's Lemon Curd for true British results





"A Tart & Creamy British Delicacy"

I got mine at my favorite grocery store, Macey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment