Sweet and Sour Salad Dressing

Pin It

To go along with the idea of pressing onion through a garlic press, I'll share one of my favorite salad dressing recipes. I love this dressing. Just the right amount of zing. Just the right amount of sweet. Mmmmmm. I could almost drink it.

Sweet and Sour Salad Dressing


1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon onion
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup canola oil


In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add salt, chili powder, mustard and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Press onion through garlic press. Add to dressing. Add corn syrup and mix well. Whisk in oil until smooth and glossy. Cover and refrigerate. Shake or whisk again before serving. 3 1/2 cups.


This dressing is not only fabulous on a salad but it also makes a great dipping sauce for dipping wonton or egg rolls. Next I'll post my favorite salad for this dressing!


This recipe comes from the book, On the Side, page 275.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Need to have this in the fridge at all times.

    ReplyDelete