Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Goodness

Pin It
There are times in life when you stumble upon a really great and amazingly simple something that tastes so good that you can't help but think, "Wait, something this good can't be this simple. What's the catch?" This is one of those amazingly simple somethings. I suppose you could call it salsa and I suppose some do. It's really important that the tomato be a fresh one straight from the garden. The stuff in the store called tomatoes don't really measure up but I guess they are better than nothing. Maybe. Sigh.

I can't get enough of this stuff. I can make a meal out of it. Really. I don't need anything else other than the tortilla chips that are the vehicle that gets it to my mouth. I prefer the thinnest and crispiest chips available. My current favorite is Tostitos brand Cantina Thin and Crispy. Perfect.

As I said, I can make a meal of just this delicious goodness served up on tortilla chips. But. I also love to serve it with any sort of Mexican food, such as *Chicken Enchiladas. Especially when I have them already made and frozen. I pop the enchiladas in the oven and it bakes whilst I chop the tomato and avocado. Perfect combination and such an easy dinner.

*The Chicken Enchiladas recipe I freeze is one of 150 freezer recipes in Dinner is Ready!

Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Goodness

1 avocado
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
salt & pepper
1 tomato
1/2 to 1 cup frozen (or fresh) corn

Dice the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with the red wine vinegar. Add sugar and stir gently. Season with salt and pepper. Dice the tomato and add to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the corn and stir gently. Serve with the thinnest and crispiest tortilla chips you can find.





No comments:

Post a Comment